Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things You May Not Know About Me...

(And were afraid to ask.)

  1. I am afraid of whales. I don't want to be near them, ever. I read once in a dream dictionary that they can symbolize an overbearing maternal figure. Perhaps.
  2. I HATE the horribly over-used phrase "thrown under the bus" which has become a staple in reality shows and even news networks. If I hear it again I may very well throw myself under an actual bus to avoid ever hearing it again.
  3. I also hate this phrase "mash up" or "mashup," meaning, according to Wikipedia: "A mashup is a website or Web 2.0 application that uses content from more than one source to create a completely new service.” I've also heard Gwen Stefani use it as "a mashup of ideas" on some commercial. I don't like it. It is to language what Scrapple is to the culinary arts. The only way I find it acceptable is in the following manner: "Dottie, git in thar an' mashup them taters before the meatloaf gits cold!"
  4. Sometimes I feel as if The Grinch Who Stole the Joy From Living has invaded the little Who-village that is my mind.
  5. I own a metal Heathcliff lunchbox.
  6. To me, the most shocking or memorable part of Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar" was when she mixed an egg and raw hamburger and ate it. Ick! The rest was sort of, "been there, done that."
  7. I have listened to Violet's Snoopy's Beatles cd (Beatles songs played on toy instruments and sang by children) so many times that the actual Beatles sound strange when I hear them now.
  8. My first crushes were cartoons. First Spiderman, then Scooby-Doo. What a freak.
  9. My nourishment so far today has been two cups of Gevalia coffee and four or five no-bake cookies I made last night.
  10. I want to strangle the telemarketing asshole who called just as Violet went to sleep at the perfect time earlier. Here's to a long night, again!

3 comments:

Sidd said...

We need to talk mothers.
Now I know why I chose NOT to have TV.."down under the bus". Never heard it! Same with Mashup.
I love this post. Got a good laugh, and I DO know you better. Healthcliff, huh. I'm older. I had Ludwig Von Drake lunchbox. Hated it.

*mary* said...

I chose not to have television, but that was vetoed. I'm working on it. It is an eyesore. It is a huge Monolith that takes up space, time, and common sense.
The television itself is a Trojan horse, hiding place for the all the subliminal marketing soldiers tht sneak out to destroy your creativity and make you want to go shopping.

Autism Mom said...

Hmm, I didn't know you had a crush on Spiderman. If you'll remember correctly, I dated him when I was about six years old! (before you think anything bad, it was really only a friendship, you naughty people!)
That's probably the only boyfriend I've ever had that you were interested in... ;p

Post a Comment