Thursday, May 31, 2007

6 week checkup time, yay :\


Tomorrow is my 6 week checkup. I had imagined that I would have things much more together by this point. I was dreaming! Most days I bathe the baby and feed her... and that is it. It seems like most days are spent almost entirely just getting that done. She nurses about every 2-3 hours but she does seem to be going a little longer between feedings now. We still really don't have a set routine yet.
We go see our parents and families about once a week also. Both our families live about an hour away, in separate ways of course. We try to alternate. The car trip has gotten easier each time, but I admit that I still sit in the back to be with her and make sure she's okay. The main incentive to going back to work is just to get a routine going again. It is easy to fall into a pattern of isolation from sleeping in the day and staying up at night. Daddy gets home from work late, stays up later and then sleeps until almost work time again. So to see him we sorta have to do it this way. (OR, he could go to sleep at a decent time and get up in the morning with us. But I am a realist and I know that won't happen without much ado.)
Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment