Monday, March 29, 2010

Get My Goat, Pleas. (Megagoats!)



I really love this Gien pottery I found on ebay. I guess it's actually a ram, I don't know. I do know that it is pink, antique and French. It sold for almost $400, well £239 to be precise. Either way I didn't/ couldn't get it, but I love it and wanted to share it with you, Internet Friends.

In other goat-related news, my little brother informed me of a funny conversation he overheard. It was between my mother and cousin, concerning upgrading the memory on a laptop. Though they both deny it now, he said that instead of getting more "RAM" my cousin called it "megagoats" and then my mother in the next sentence called it "goatabytes". I laughed so much I couldn't breathe when I read that. If you are my friend on FaceBook you know I mentioned that last week but I couldn't resist sharing it with my readers here that aren't on FaceBook.

Hope you all are having a lovely evening. I had a late night. I finished reading Hoot by Carl Hiaasen and then started reading The Bohemian Manifesto by Laren Stover. At least my insomnia helps me get caught up on my reading. Over spring break I did manage to read two books by Paul Bajoria that I bought at my local Big Lots store. (I love that place. Are they everywhere or just east coast?) These books are part of a trilogy, and though they are for young adult readers they were enjoyable reading. The first one is called The Printer's Devil, and the second is The God of Mischief. If you like reading about the adventures of Dickensian-style street children set in old London then you may like them as well. I need to go back to Big Lots and see if they have the third book there. The books are about 400 pages each and they were printed with nice font and interesting marginalia (little rats scurrying on the bottom of the page, etc), so they were fun to read.

What are some good books I should look out for when I make my next trip to Columbus? I will get to that Book Loft you guys. I may bring pillowcases to use as shopping bags when I go. I'm going to need more bookshelves.

1 comments:

Sultan said...

Recently I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
By Stieg Larsson and I am now reading the 2nd book in the series which are both quite good.

Post a Comment