Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Creepy Find

I was looking at Google Earth for a project I have in Geography class when I found these buildings just a few miles from my home. I never knew they existed.

The wording on this one is kind of humorous, but misplaced modifiers usually are. I'm sure it wasn't actually a school for boys covered in vines, but hey- this IS wild, wonderful West Virginia, so you can never tell.



Here you can see the proximity of each, and all three are in the same area. They are off the main road but I pass by there frequently and I had no idea they were there. I wonder if they are accessible. If so I'd like to go look around. They are pretty close the actual prison so I may not be able to go snoop around much. Not worth getting shot by a prison guard in a tower, but if I can go take a look it would be interesting to see what I can find. Just look at those old buildings. I can just imagine those poor little kids.

4 comments:

OHN said...

I can only imagine if those walls could talk. It makes me shiver to think of what most likely went on there.

Lucy The Valiant said...

Um, haunted much?

Those would be some scary little vine-covered ghosts!

*mary* said...

I know, they look spooky. WHen I posted this yesterday I was in a hurry and didn't notice that the bottom two are the same building. Someone just posted different pictures in different spots on Google Earth.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

There are some old farm houses in a field off the highway from our house. They sit back a ways from the road and you can't get near them because they are in accessible unless you walk in or find the road through private property. I am going to try to get permission to take some pictures of them this year. They look pretty cool.

Post a Comment