Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blognesia!

That what I have. I forgot I have a blog. Oops.

In my own defense- I have been somewhat preoccupied with the following things:

  • Exposing my child to all the germs and airborne disease my local UrgentCare has to offer just to get a butt rash looked at. Sans N95 protective face mask- gasp! So far we haven't contracted the dreaded Porken-Plague (scary, yet not as scary as the often overlooked Porcupine Influenza Type Z of 1843) or the much more likely local threat of Whooping Cough (don't call it a comeback, it's been here for years), also known as Pertussis to certain fancy people with a bunch of letters behind their names who may or may not have completed medical school. What show-offs!
  • Installing so many door locks one would think I live in the heart of the most dangerous gang-controlled Third World ghetto. I had to do this since my child, Wee-Loodini opened our front door with its one paltry lock and was wandering our unfenced front yard unsupervised while I was grabbing my jacket to take her out. She wasn't out there long (30 seconds or so), but then it doesn't take long for a toddler to run into a road. Very scary. My neighbor saw her without me and knew she had sneaked out, so she kept an eye on her until I got there, thankfully. Now I have augmented our security to include a sound alarm, chain lock, eye and hook latch, as well as the original lock. Trust me, I used to harshly judge parents when I would hear stories of kids escaping and the parents unaware. She will not be escaping again.
  • Not getting enough sleep for a human being to properly function on.
  • Being stuck inside during a full week straight of rain that will never end.
  • Watching the movie Cats & Dogs, at Violet's request, every ninety minutes or so. "Movie cats. Please?"

Man, when will the sunshine come back? Hell, will the sunshine come back? Looks doubtful at the moment.

4 comments:

Sultan said...

Cats!!!

Annika said...

Weak excuses! I expect you to blog twice a day to make up for it.

Nicole' Happiness said...

check your e mail biiiiaaatch!! and i am pissed you didnt print my yoko ono rant!!!!! love you, your bubby

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

Well it is good that you did some little people proofing around the homestead. Always a good thing.

Post a Comment