In my own defense- I have been somewhat preoccupied with the following things:
- Exposing my child to all the germs and airborne disease my local UrgentCare has to offer just to get a butt rash looked at. Sans N95 protective face mask- gasp! So far we haven't contracted the dreaded Porken-Plague (scary, yet not as scary as the often overlooked Porcupine Influenza Type Z of 1843) or the much more likely local threat of Whooping Cough (don't call it a comeback, it's been here for years), also known as Pertussis to certain fancy people with a bunch of letters behind their names who may or may not have completed medical school. What show-offs!
- Installing so many door locks one would think I live in the heart of the most dangerous gang-controlled Third World ghetto. I had to do this since my child, Wee-Loodini opened our front door with its one paltry lock and was wandering our unfenced front yard unsupervised while I was grabbing my jacket to take her out. She wasn't out there long (30 seconds or so), but then it doesn't take long for a toddler to run into a road. Very scary. My neighbor saw her without me and knew she had sneaked out, so she kept an eye on her until I got there, thankfully. Now I have augmented our security to include a sound alarm, chain lock, eye and hook latch, as well as the original lock. Trust me, I used to harshly judge parents when I would hear stories of kids escaping and the parents unaware. She will not be escaping again.
- Not getting enough sleep for a human being to properly function on.
- Being stuck inside during a full week straight of rain that will never end.
- Watching the movie Cats & Dogs, at Violet's request, every ninety minutes or so. "Movie cats. Please?"
Man, when will the sunshine come back? Hell, will the sunshine come back? Looks doubtful at the moment.