Saturday, March 14, 2009

All Out Of Clever Titles

(And cleverness of all forms, actually.)


This is a rambling post about nothing in particular, so be warned!

First, I would like to show off the awesome prize bestowed upon me by The Self-Deprechaun for winning a photo caption contest:





That's right! It's a Touchdown Jesus. I am blessed. I am going to make a bracelet that says "WWTDJD?" Oh wait, "touchdown" is one word. WWTJD?


Here's the link to the photo I captioned and the comments. (Uh-oh, looks like the picture's link is broken. It was two Star Wars stormtroopers at a urinal.)

*Seamless segue from The Self-Deprechaun to a leprechaun sighting.*

I just wanted to mention that St. Patrick's Day is coming up, as you may know. I want to help get you in the spirit by sharing one of my favorite Youtube videos ever (involving a leprechaun, anyway).

and then follow it up with a this music video someone made of the footage.

I truly feel that repeat viewings of these should become a treasured St. Patrick's Day tradition, much like Grandpa reading The Night Before Christmas every Christmas Eve. (You know, right before he makes it obvious that he's had too much eggnog and starts getting embarrassing.)

Violet and I are usually more punk rock in our listening choices, but "Where the Gold At?" is such a great song. I even made a ring tone from it yesterday. Well, I hope you are more prepared to wear green, drink lots of green beer and all that fun stuff now. (Did you know that it was traditionally the color blue associated with St. Patrick? Yep.)

5 comments:

minerva1822 said...

i went next door to use mark's uncle's computer just so I could see this...OMG...funny stuff..I "wont' the gold...wow

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think I'll go for green wine!

Blicky Kitty said...

Wow that truly captures the spirit of St. Patricks day for me. Sniff** so beautiful.

Sultan said...

!!!

mary evelyn said...

a touchdown jesus?! that's awesome. almost better than the buddy jesus :o)

Post a Comment