Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Unmentioned Birthdays, Smashed Toes

Two birthdays recently went unacknowledged.
First was Violet's nineteen-month birthday, on the 17th.
The very next day was my brother's birthday. (The once a year, adult kind.)
When I say "unmentioned," I don't just mean on this blog. I actually didn't even realize that it was (or I should say had been) the 17th until five minutes after midnight, when I was still up trying to persuade Violet to go to sleep. That was the first month I didn't tell my baby "happy birthday." How horrible. :(
The 18th, my brother's birthday, I did realize it was his birthday and kept meaning to call but then Violet dropped a wooden book shelf on her foot. Yeesh. I took her to the doctor and he said it was bruised and scratched but unbroken, thankfully. The shelf was from an unassembled bookcase I just got, so I had forgotten that the dumb thing was even there.
So, if you are reading this, Terry- Happy Birthday! Sorry it's late.
But hey, at least I remembered your birthday!

5 comments:

minerva1822 said...

awwww poor violet!!!..i bet that hurt something horrible!..im glad to hear her foot is ok..and dont feel bad about the 19th month birthday...i think i stopped acknowledging at 15 or 16 months...so shame on me if anything..lol...as for your brother im sure he has forgivin you..stop beating yourself up man :)

minerva1822 said...

thanks :)..i hope i get it too...lol..i'll let you know if i do...hopefully ill get free coffee and donuts..haha

Nicole' Happiness said...

i hope violents toe is o.k.,nicolas tore his toe nail off at about that age,and for my beethday thanks for remembering, i was trying to forget it myself as i am becoming very old,possibly early onset alzheimers? but you should call more any how because we luv and miss you and your little fam, better see you at x-mas...or else

Nicole' Happiness said...

p.s. ,i have also taken up worshipping your obama toast and cheese sandwiches, seems to be working as well as my other religions!

minerva1822 said...

haha..i say the same thing about how your personality comes out in your blogs to mark and how i think its awesome!!...i read them to him sometimes..he loved the grilled cheese bit in your previous one...haha...mark sang to me when he was drunk years ago..i couldnt help but crack up..needless to say he hasnt done it since...lol

Post a Comment